CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

One Month Anniversary...

I can't believe that our little monkey has been with us for one month! It feels as if he's been with us forever. I wish that I was better able to describe the emotions that are still so heightened. I'm afraid that I'm not eloquent enough to do it justice.

Since beginning our adoption (or at least sharing it with others), I have searched for the right words to explain "why China?" I cannot even begin to total the number of times I was asked, "There are so many children right here, why do you have to go all the way to China?" Yesterday, when I was feeling a little low, I happened upon an old episode of "Touched by an Angel" on the Hallmark Channel. The episode is titled "For all the tea in China." When Monica reveals herself to the very apprehensive grandmother, she spoke the words that I had been searching for...


God does not will all that happens in this world. God does will something good out of everything that happens. But, for that we have to trust Him to take us places that we are afraid to go. We may not know what God's purpose is in all of this; but, we do know that from the moment one particular little boy was born a half a world away, God already had a plan for him and us. And, of all the countries He could have chosen for our child to be born, He chose China.


Our little monkey faces his first surgery on Monday, October 6th. We look ahead with anticipation and anxiety. Yet, we know that God is with us...every second of every minute of every day. He has great things planned for this little boy...our son. (My very spoiled son!) And, I have not ceased from breathing in the miracle of every moment I have with him. This first month has been incredible! We had prepared ourselves for the worst... sleepless nights and fear of these strange people who had taken him from the only home he ever knew. We have been blessed with a little boy who delights in the simplest of pleasures...a hug, having his head rubbed, playing peek-a-boo with his sisters, rolling from one wall to the other, kisses, his "woobie," a full tummy and curling up in blankets.


Dad and "monkey" listening to JieJie read

"What's behind this basket?"
He discovered how to empty his little box of toys!!! (10/1)

Who??? Me???
Mommy's little monkey discovered how to open the diaper wipes!

That mischievous little grin that melts away all the cares in the world.


The men in my life... already planning future kayaking trips!

Have I mentioned... I am SO IN LOVE and am SO THANKFUL for one very selfless mother who made the most difficult decision of her life to give her son the opportunity of a better life. I wish there was someway that I could thank her and let her know... she is forever a part of our family too!

Mommy's little cuddle bug... just like his big sister, Katy.

5 comments:

Duchess of Lanier said...

Adorable! Can't beleive his sisters put those wipes all over him. ;) He would never do that himself, right?
You'll be in our thoughts this week especially in the morning.
Hugs and hugs!

Anonymous said...

Robyn,

I hope all went well with the surgery. You all are in our prayers. He is SO handsome! Call or e-mail when you get a chance. We no longer have our home phone so try the cell.

Love,
Laurie, Chris, Noah, Jacob, and Jonah

Kevin, Jake and Violet said...

Glad to hear the surgery went well. We told Kelly and she got the biggest smile on her face.

She was very glad to hear the news and thanked us for passing it along. She is such an awesome guide and an even better person. We were so fortunate to have her as our guide in Xian and Guangzhou. We will miss her so much when we leave.

Take care,
Kevin and Violet

Duchess of Lanier said...

Checking in now that you all are home after the loooong week. Hugs to you all!

Duchess of Lanier said...

Hoping for an update. Know you are so busy!

But if you have time...

TAG! While I’m sure there is nothing strange or unusual about you, please play along. If you can’t think of anything, you could write about your coworkers, neighbors, or family member- you know the one ;)

(see my blog- for instructions… not for the crazy family member!)