CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A summer to remember...

Our summer break has almost come to an end. July started out on the mountain top and ended in the valley. We began the month by singing happy birthday to our daughters and the wonderful country we are blessed to live in.


Birthday #1 of the Weekend


Birthday #2 of the weekend...


Monkey celebrates America's birthday for the first time...
(He wasn't too keen on the fireworks!)


We ended the month by saying "Good night, nurse!" to someone who touched more lives than she ever knew...my grandmother. Gra passed away on July 30th.... just 14 days shy of her 98th birthday. To say that I miss her would be an understatement. Most of the month of July was spent by her side...trying to make her "laff" whenever she started to feel blue. Apparently I had an uncanny ability to cheer her up even when she didn't want to be. =)

As I read over the cards from those who were saddened by her loss, I find myself deeply touched-- yet saddened-- by their loss. Gra lived a very full and blessed 97 years. To a certain degree, I think it was taken for granted that she would always be with us on this Earth. I don't know how many times I heard someone say, "I've been meaning to stop by to see her." I could fill the pages of a book with the many things Gra taught me over the years, but the last lesson she left me with was to make every moment count and live with no regrets. And I am at peace knowing that I made every moment with my grandmother count and never left anything unsaid. For that, I have no regrets.

Two Madelyns and a Nana...
July 2008


Gra and her little "Brown-eyed Susie"~ July 2008


Celebrating Gra's 97th birthday on August 13th, 2008


Gra and her littlest angel...Katy.
Singing "Barney Google" across the heavens...together again.


One of Gra's favorite things to do was crochet. It was amazing what she could create with a crochet hook and a ball of yarn. How fitting, then, that just as we were saying our final goodbyes, a red thread was beginning to wind its way toward an unsuspecting family...

For the rest of the story, visit....

www.family4kassidy.blogspot.com

3 comments:

sue williams said...

Beautiful post Robyn, the ending of a summer, the farewell to you beloved grandmother, and the beginning of your journey to LuLu...wow.

I tried to leave a comment on the new blog, but couldn't. Just wanted to wish you speedy paperwork and tell you that she is absolutely beautiful! Congrats, look forward to the journey again.

sue
waiting to go back for Juni in Xuzhou

Duchess of Lanier said...

Congratulations on one year home with your little spunkiness ;)

Anonymous said...

Robyn,

I guess it has been a long time! I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother.

I had no idea that you were heading back to China! When are you going? Congratulations, she is beautiful and I can't believe how grown up Maddie, Lyvie, and Adam are! You are an awesome family.

Love,
The McCrory Family