CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

What a beautiful day it was! We did something that we haven't done in a LONG time... pack up a lunch and head to the beach! You would think that living on the ocean, we would go to the beach all of the time...wrong. It's been at least a year!!!

It was so nice... the water was crystal clear and absolutely flat. Just the way I like it! The girls had a great time playing in the water and collecting seashells (and sand) to bring home with them. Like my darling husband says... if only they'd made beaches with concrete instead of sand. Now, don't get me wrong... he loves the beach; he just hates getting wet and then getting sand stuck to him.



This Mother's Day I am so thankful for "Peanut's" mom. How much she loved her son to make such a hard decision. I am sure that she thinks of him every day... and I think of her every day. What a strong woman she is. The hardest thing a mother could face is to let her child go. I know that feeling all too well. In a dark hallway in the middle of the night on September 21, 2006... I made the most difficult decision I will probably ever have to make. It was that night that my husband and I signed a DNR order for our Katy. We knew that we only wanted what was best for her and spending her life attached to machines was selfish on our parts. We left the decision to our little girl if she wanted to stay on earth or fly home to heaven. We put our total faith in God that He would take care of her.... and He has.

Being a mom is such a blessing. You have been hand picked by God to be the parent of His children. I am so blessed to have been chosen to be Maddie's Mom, Lyvie's Mom, Katy's Mom and Peanut's Mom! What an honor it is to be trusted with these beautiful children who will grow up to be beautiful adults... both inside and out.

0 comments: