CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Prayers for Earthquake Victims

We've sat in both fear and pain after news on the earthquake in China. We've fielded calls from friends and family asking if Peanut was anywhere near the devastation. His orphanage is about 700 miles from the epicenter, so we're pretty confident that he is out of harm's way from this earthquake. When I talked to my mom this morning, her words were... "You need to get over there and get him!" I wish it were that easy.

I just pray for the thousands that are still missing and the thousands that have been lost as a result of this catastrophe. I've read blogs from adoptive families that are actually in the province and can't imagine the horror that they've experienced. I pray that they safely make it home with their families. And, please keep the waiting families whose sons and daughters are in the midst of all of this. How difficult the uncertainty must be for them...

Still waiting for our Letter Seeking Confirmation... day 27!!! We're ready when they are Peanut!!!

0 comments: