CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The Best Birthday Ever...


This birthday ranks right up there as one of my best... next to my early birthday present in 2005 (my birthday "Bug".) First, it was the last day of school!!! I never thought that would get here! Then, of course, I share my birthday with a very dear friend... who is really more like a sister. Monica is my co-worker, prayer warrior, partner in crime and accountability. She is the first one I go to with good news, bad news, and even no news! I have absolutely enjoyed this crazy year because I've had one of my "bestest" friends by my side. So, don't you know that when this next gift arrived... I went to her classroom!

I've been blessed with an amazing group of families from XuZhou SWI. One such family is Sue and Arlie. They are currently traveling in China to bring home their beautiful daughter Jia. I am so grateful to watch Jia blossom with each update from her family. She is just radiant!

Half way around the world and celebrating their first few days as a family, Sue still finds time to send messages and photos to the rest of the waiting mommies and daddies. She is definitely an angel amongst us; and, her thoughtfulness and generosity are SO appreciated!

I received this message about our little "peanut"...

"Robyn, All we can say is get ready! Your Adam is a "Spunky Monkey" as my grandson nick-named him! He has so much personality it bubbles out of every pore. If you even look his way he kicks and grins...if you talk to him, he goes wild with excitement. I think he is a bit of a favorite with his nannie, she just love to show him off. We had a great visit at Xuzhou, Jia did great, she loved the babies, seemed comfortable with the visit and left happily with us. She was just a bubble at dinner later, she is just a delight. One of the hardest things I have ever done, is to leave the orphanage without your baby! I would have loved to snatch him and bring him to you today! But you have your own destiny and journey to get him...but get ready for a real wild child! Love to you and your family, sue "

This makes the wait so much more bearable...not easier... but bearable...because we know that he is well taken care of and loved by his nannies. I had such a peaceful feeling all day long just knowing that Sue and her family were there... half a world away... with OUR son. And, then... to see the photos!!! I cried for the longest time. Some of my most favorite pictures are of Jia patting Adam on the head and holding him with the orphanage director. Our children will always have a bond because they spent the first years of their lives together. I can see why Sue's grandson nicknamed him "Spunky Monkey." He's grinning and smiling in every picture and can barely sit still! Oh... are we in for another Firecracker baby or what?!

Here are some photos that were sent of a cute little boy that they saw on their orphanage trip. ;-) Hope he gets to come home to his family soon! I'm sure they can't wait to hear him laugh and play with those adorable little piggies!



Look at the teeth this little guy has... and that grin!



In the arms of Jia and the Director.
This little guy is going to be a ladies' man!


Well... what are you waiting for?


It's so obvious that his ayi loves this little guy!

Mr. Personality with an adoring fan... the director.



1 comments:

Duchess of Lanier said...

Still laughing out loud at and with baby Adam in these pictures. He's hilarious! What a personality! As Sue said, get ready!!! Can't wait to meet him and you in person!
and... HAPPY SUMMER VACATION!!!
Trena
another lucky XZ mommy
and teacher on summer break