CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 13, 2008

Friday the 13th...

I wrote in an earlier blog that "13" was my new lucky number. Well... I'm praying that today will be a lucky day! We are on day 58 of our wait for our confirmation letter and my nerves are getting frayed. Whenever the phone rings, I get butterflies for a split second...until I realize that it's not the call I am longing to receive. Sometimes I feel like a dog chasing after the mailman when I see a FedEx truck drive through our neighborhood. (Apparently we have a neighbor that uses FedEx a LOT!!!)

With my luck, we'll get the call while I'm out of town next week. For the FIRST time since I had kids... I am going on an overnight trip by MYSELF! Well... sort of... our teachers have a workshop in the Florida Keys, complete with snorkeling on one of the coral reefs. Isn't that terrible? We're really looking forward to it. I should have LOTS of pictures to share of that when I get back. (I will be behind the camera...NOT in front of it!)

We're steadily keeping busy. I've slowed down buying clothes for Spunky (unless, of course, it has a monkey on it!) Now that summer is officially here, I have some time to work on the nursery. And, yes... you guessed it! It's a jungle theme... complete with his own giraffes and monkeys. I've always wanted a jungle nursery. I think it has something to do with my difficulty giving up my zookeeper days. Hopefully I'll be able to share pictures soon! My husband wants to mow the yard; but, Mama wants to bring the crib out of storage. Hmmm... who shall "win" this one?

1 comments:

Duchess of Lanier said...

Wishing your delivery would come before your departure. Jealous of your Key West trip. We've had such fun doing the Race Week (sailing) there every January. Have a bowl of conch chowder for me ;-)