CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 20, 2008

Heaven on Earth

I made it back from our workshop in the Keys! All I can say is "when are we going back?" This was by far the most enjoyable workshop I have attended. The staff at Pigeon Key was amazing! They scheduled snorkeling trips for us, tide pooling for invertebrates (for the landlubbers), and cooked some memorable meals. They should be commended for putting up with some really difficult teachers who made some ridiculous requests! Not me of course... I would've been happy sleeping in a hammock under the palm trees.

Sunset from the front porch


Kudos to Captain Larry for getting our little group back to the bus in one piece after our snorkeling trip. Fifteen teachers huddled with the captain, in what turned out to be a storm much greater than he (or we) bargained for, was quite the sight! We stayed dry the entire trip, only to get soaked when we walked from the dock to the bus! While we could've raised the water table a few inches with what we wrung out of our clothes, I wouldn't have missed it for anything! It was an exciting way to end our Keys adventure.

Captain Larry (right) on the dock of Pigeon Key...with much calmer seas and sunnier skies!


Kudos to my "partners in crime," Monica and Stephanie, for stepping out of their element and back into the 1900's with me. They will not be happy with me for saying this, but it was like watching your kids take their first step. It just wouldn't have been the same without them there! It would've been a lot less enjoyable.

They really are as crazy as they look! (Love ya, ladies!)


Enjoy the rest of my pictures of this little piece of heaven on earth!!!


Our "home away from home" during our stay

Sunset over Old Seven Mile Bridge

Early morning at the "famed" dock of Pigeon Key...

Sunrise from the Old Seven Mile Bridge

1 comments:

Drawdy said...

I am so glad to be apart of your journey. I will be praying for your family. This is so exciting.

What agency do you go through?

Rhonda Drawdy
www.maddoxjames.blogspot.com