CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 11, 2008

One more surprise...

God has an amazing way of reassuring me that I am on the right path. We knew after losing our daughter in 2006 that we wanted to do something to repay the generosity and support we received. It was one year later that we created the foundation in her memory. In its second year, Katy's Toy Drive brought in nearly 750 toys for Santa's Summertime Sleigh Ride. Today, Santa traded in his suit for a tropical shirt and bermuda shorts, his reindeer for flamingos, and the beach for the halls of St. Mary's Children's Hospital. We spent the day bringing some Christmas cheer (Florida style) to the children, their parents, and the staff at the hospital. I don't know who enjoyed it more... the kids or us!


The staff at this hospital has a special place in our hearts...and always will. They helped us through the most difficult time in our lives. In fact, on Katy's first "angel-versary," we went back to the PICU to see the nurses. We couldn't think of anywhere else we wanted to be. I'll admit, I still have a difficult time looking in Room 3610. That room seems so small, yet at the same time, so overwhelming. I left a large part of me in that room... and came out a forever changed person. I no longer try to forge my own path, but follow God's path for me.

It seems that every time we share Katy's story and carry her torch, God sends us a gift. :-) So...how did God reassure me this time? We came home to yet another email...this time with updated pictures of our son. He has grown so much in just a month! He's starting to sit up and is really pushing up with his arms. Dad says he's definitely going to be "Mommy's boy." I don't know what gives him that idea. (Could it be the "Loved by all; Spoiled by Mom" shirt or possibly the "Mommy's new man" onesie?)


My little sailor...he looks so grown!


Adam...

You are such a special little boy! You have shown a lot of people that, even after loss, it is okay to love again and be excited about life. You may be a heart breaker,but... you're our little heart mender. Mommy loves you, little monkey!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to meet my little Adam! He is so adorable!!!! His little John Deer shirt hangs in my closet as a daily reminder of how I will once again be blessed by the Church family!

wo ai ni,
Beffie

Jan said...

Robyn...What a sweet, handsome little baby boy!!!! Simply adorable!!! Jan, John & Jillian Rose

Duchess of Lanier said...

What a strong handsome boy! And I am loving the sailor outfit! It is very portrait-like!

Congrats and hugs!
Trena
LL is standing up and
waiting with Adam in XZ

Duchess of Lanier said...

Just stopped by to ohh and ahh over his cuteness again!