CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

And we're off.... PHOTOS


All our bags are packed...we're ready to go!
The next time we're in this room, it will be with Adam!


Well... we're officially beginning our transcontinental journey to Adam! We spent last night in the Hyatt Regency hotel, watching the airplanes take off from the pool. What an anniversary present that was for us! Nana and Gra made it home safely through Orlando rush hour traffic (and from what I hear... may have hair that's a little more gray today!)

At the Hyatt Regency Orlando Airport Hotel

None of us could sleep! I can't imagine why. :-) Mads and I walked the airport terminal for a few hours before checking in. I must say... the lines were not nearly as bad as we expected! We ended up leaving on time and are now sitting in Minneapolis.

I must admit that the emotions hit full speed as the wheels came off the ground. It was then that I truly realized that we are on the way. This journey that began so long ago has finally taken flight. The girls did well on the first leg of the trip...separated, of course. Just as my eyes dried, Lyvie gazed out the window as we pierced through the clouds and said "You think we might see Katy in these clouds? I think this is what heaven looks like." Out of the mouths of babes.

I can't wait to download our photos so far and share this with you all...every step of the way. Each of you is such an important part of our lives and we can't imagine it any other way. Thanks for all of the prayers and well wishes.

To all of my XuZhou mommies... you and our XuZhou darlings are all right here with me! I'm so glad we can share this. Kristen... Lian's care package is packed safely next to me.



More to follow soon... our China bird awaits us!!!

Maddie and Lyvie in front of our home for the next 12 hours
(Minneapolis to Tokyo)

4 comments:

sue williams said...

I am SOOOOO ready to share yet another adoption journey to Xuzhou! I am just so happy to see all these little babes in the arms of their mommies and playing with their families. What a blessing it all is, and to share it over and over, I just love it.

Have a safe journey to Adam, and get some rest, you know what a wild child he is!
sue, arlie and jia

Anonymous said...

All the way to school yesterday morning I listened to "the cloud song" [as Lyv called it], just like Lyvie and I used to do in the mornings. And was thinking about the day she grabbed my hand as she was staring at the sky and at 4 years old told me in the most serious voice "Miss Bethany I just saw Katy in the clouds! She waved. She's okay Miss Bethany, she really is in heaven." As the song came to the part:

"Sometimes on a plane I feel like I'm with you
Just hanging out somewhere up there
In the clouds rolling by
Way up high where the angles fly"

I smiled through my tears and realized that Katy was truly right there next to those planes "flying" beside her big sister, the little girl I love more than anything in this world and the rest of our family...and that everything is going to be so different after this journey and that I am once again going to have another member from your family bless my life and my heart for forever.

Tell my Lyv to wave to our Bug for me.....and give her and Maddie big hugs from their big sister!!

wo ai ni family....come home safe and soon!

-Beffie

Anonymous said...

Hey you,
I am so sorry for calling you all at 2am in China time. I am so happy for you and Troy. Your sub is doing pretty good. Tell the girls hello and that I love them. I love you guys too!!! Chat with you later at a more decent hour.

Love ya,
Monica

Duchess of Lanier said...

Hope everything is going well and you are loving China already! Please check your email. Hope this post goes through.
Hugs and hugs,
Trena
Our ChuWei is Waiting with ChuFuNan but NOT FOR LONG!!!