CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 22, 2008

Four days and counting...


I can't believe that we are this close to hopping on a plane and following our red thread to China. I received one last update on Adam before he is placed in our arms. I sent the following questions to the SWI along with a photo of our family and received the answers this morning.

Our "lucky cedar" (as his name translates) is a very active little boy. He loves hugs and playing with his toys. Adam's closest friend is a most adorable little girl named Chu Lian. Their cribs are right next to each other and they frequently play together. He likes his powdered milk and noodles, as well as yogurt drinks.

Our little guy doesn't like sudden sounds and is afraid of strange surroundings and people. How frightening it will be for him when we finally become a family. We're praying that we'll be able to calm his fears.

We also learned more information about where our son was found. I truly needed to know this information so that we'll be able to answer his questions as he gets older. I won't go into too many details; but, I will say that our son's parents cared a great deal about him. He was one month old when he arrived at XuZhou, which tells me that his parents tried to care for their child to the best of their ability. They knew he needed special care and took great risk to make sure that their child would be found quickly. I am so thankful to them, and the nurse who found our son. (We've been blessed with her name, as well.) I cannot even begin to express my feelings for these individuals. I hold them all close to my heart.

This is such an emotional journey. I am filled with excitement, nervousness, fear, love, joy, sadness... the list could go on and on. I'm packed and ready to go! And, as Steven Curtis Chapman's song suggests....

I'm just going to breathe it in and breathe it out...savoring the miracle of every moment with which God has blessed me.


Four days until China
and
Ten days until Forever Family Day

4 comments:

Duchess of Lanier said...

Oh, how can you stand it??? I'm so excited for you. I know Lian's mommy, do you? I'm off to send her an email. Will also send separate email to you. Soooo excited for you and looking forward to following along every day!
Hugs and Hugs,
Trena
LL is waiting with Adam in XZ
but not for long!

Our Family said...

I can't wait to follow your journey! Ms Tang is going to give you a video of our visit. I can't wait to see it! Pam,John, & Lily

Anonymous said...

I am so excited to meet my little brother! I am stil so sad that I can't go with you like we planned. I will be there next time! I know a little Bug will be flying with you and keeping you safe for me! Keep in touch...give my Lyvie Lyv and Maddie hugs for me!!!!

wo ai ni family! See all 5 of you soon!!!!

Duchess of Lanier said...

Happy last night before travel! Please check your email befor eyou get too far away. Know you are busy and very very excited ;)