CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Mama...I'm coming home!

Well... this portion of our "journey to forever" is coming to a close. We leave for the airport in 90 minutes! We will be traveling with two families that we have come to adore over this trip...and both from the South! Abby, Alex, and Adam will all take their first steps on US soil together. Though we are all stepping forward into our lives of expanded families, each has left a footprint on my heart. It is truly amazing how God weaves us all together! And, what a blessing it is!!!

I simply cannot put it all into words. A tug on my heart that began 17 years ago is now a reality. Throughout the chasing of papers and waiting for approvals, my patience and trust has been tested. Yet, with each day that passed I got closer to the son that He had chosen for me and closer to Him. Adoption is truly a work of heart because God works in your heart throughout this entire process.

So, farewell China. I leave you a little bit wiser, a lot more patient, and blessed beyond measure. I'm sure we will be back again!

I will be certain to post when we get home. Adam's first appointment with the surgeon is Friday. Keep us in your prayers that jet lag will be kind to us! Thank you to everyone who took the time to leave us comments. It helped us more than you will ever know!

And, for my mom and grandmother... though I know you probably won't see this...

We're coming home!!! Bring on the BEEF!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh family I am so glad you are coming home! I know a little Bug is flying in the clouds next to her mommy, daddy, big sisters, and little brother to make sure you land safely where you ALL belong. Although I wish I would have been there with you I know there will be a next time...I will see you in your driveway in 26 hours!!!!

wo ai ni!

Anonymous said...

I love the red couch picture! have a safe journey. I can't wait to see you what you brought home for us!!!! Pamela, John & Lily

sue williams said...

Hi all,

Thanks so much for taking the time to update all your adventures, I so enjoyed re-visiting GZ with you. You will read this from home, so welcome back, and extra good luck to you with the jet lag and your doctors appointments this week. Loved your photos, especially THE COUCH, and your son with his sisters. He is a little "toot" and I'm sure we will see more of his mischief in the future.

We wait so long for these dreams to become a reality, and then in what seems like a flash, our children have "always" been there, it is truely a miracle.

thanks again for including us in your travels,
sue, arlie and jia

Anonymous said...

Welcome Home, Little Sis! We are all so glad you guys got home safely and that everything has gone so well. I look forward to hearing more about your time in China....and especially forward to meeting Adam. His cousins are looking forward to seeing him.
LYBx5,S

Duchess of Lanier said...

Dropping by hoping for new photos of your happy boy in his fun filled new home!
Hugs,
Trena
LL is waiting
where Adam was

Kevin, Jake and Violet said...

Wow, you are back home now! That's awesome.

You posted on our blog what seems like forever ago (when we got our PA). We leave Oct. 2 to get our son in Shaanxi province.

Congratulations!

Kevin and Violet