CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 1, 2008

Caught up in our love of our son PHOTOS!!!

What seemed to be the impossible dream has now become our reality! Adam is forever in our arms...exactly where God meant him to be.

The day was filled with such anticipation. Our group was much like a class full of students on their first field trip....absolute giddy excitement! We started with a trip to the Bank of Nanjing to exchange our US dollars into yuan. THAT was funny! After we limped back to the hotel, we secured our yuan and left for lunch. Don't ask me the name of the restaurant! Our guide Kelly highly recommended it. And, thank heavens she went with us because we NEVER would've known what to order. We feasted on fried rice, spicy fried green beans, fried pumpkin bread. We even tried the duck! Maddie LOVED the duck, but Lyvie couldn't get past the thought of her pet duck waiting ever so patiently at home for her return.




At 2:30 we all boarded the bus that would take us to the Civil Affairs Bureau. After a U-turn right in the center of an intersection, we pulled into the parking lot. I immediately recognized our orphanage director, Ms. Tang, through the window. We anxiously waited for them to call us in. And, then...it happened. We saw our son, in person, for the first time. All of the months of tears and anxiety melted away and I fell further in love than I thought possible.



Immediately after Ms. Tang placed Adam in my arms, he smiled and rested his head on my shoulder. He is certainly a little cuddle bug; it is obvious that he has been very much loved.
Within 30 minutes, he was napping away safely in his daddy's arms. We made our way back to the hotel as new and larger families, each swelling with pride.


The very beautiful flowers waiting for us in our hotel room...thanks to my beautiful, and oldest daughter... Beffie! Wo ai ni!!! Can't wait to see you!!!


So... today, four very special little babies (Branden, Eli, Adam, and Leah) have swept their parents away. And, it will never be the same.

To my XZ families...

We have a new family in our group... and another Gator! It looks like we'll have some reunions in our future! Little Leah will be traveling home with her mommy to Jacksonville. "Tian Tian" is a little doll...well, not so little! Both she and our little Nan are a lot bigger than we expected. She's about the same size as Adam and not even a year old yet. Ms. Tang was very appreciative of the scrapbook I made of our new families and those families still waiting. I was so glad to be able to do this.


Kristen
... your package made it safely to Ms. Tang. Lyvie handed it to her personally. Ms. Tang was very happy to receive it and promised that Lian would have it very soon.

Pam... I have the DVD from your visit to XuZhou! I can't wait to get home so I can mail it to you.

Trena... You keep me going! Your comments mean the world to me. I can't wait until you are able to take this journey to bring home your little girl. You can bet that I will be right there at my laptop while you're here.

To all of my mommies still waiting... I've been blowing kisses to XuZhou since we arrived in Nanjing. Since there are now two XZ families, our guide is working on arranging our orphanage trip from this end. I hate to be so close and not able to visit the only home he has known until now. Send positive thoughts our way that we can make it happen!


My little boy is awake after a full night's sleep. No cries yet, but lots of tears at the realization that this is NOT what he is used to.


Lots of love from Nanjing...

Robyn (mom to two beautiful girls, one little angel, and a handsome little boy who's finally in my arms)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am SOO excited! I am so glad that my flowers [thanks to MY new friend in China, Lily] made it to you! I wish I was there in their place, but it was the best I could do from a world away. I am counting down the days until you are home and you better belive I will be out in the driveway when you pull in....hugs to ALL of my family....wo ai ni forever..

ps Of course Lyvie wouldn't eat duck!! Her and I hatched Quacky together in his incubator...she could never do that! :-)

Duchess of Lanier said...

Oh, Robyn,
Through happy tears I can't decide which photo is most precious:
his head on your shoulder
asleep in daddy's arms
waking up and rubbing his eyes
or beffie's oh-so-thoughtful flowers

How amazingly wonderful!
I'm so happy for you all to be together!
And excited to get to know Leah's family, too!

Happy First Day!!!
Hugs and hugs,
Trena
(lighting a candle of hope that you all will be able to hire a driver for the trip out to XZ)

Laurie said...

Robyn,

I logged onto the computer tonight and cried tears of JOY! I am SO happy for you, Troy, Maddie, Lyvie, and Adam. What a beautiful little boy! I can't wait to see all of you! You and your family are in our prayers. Have a safe journey home.

Love,
Laurie, Chris, Noah, Jacob, and Jonah

Anonymous said...

I can't stop beaming! Adam is adorable! How wonderful that he is a snuggle bug. Could those photos of him with you, with Troy and fast asleep with your sweet daughter be any cuter?!! Beautiful!

Thank you again and again for delivering Lian's package to Ms. Tang. I will send positive thoughts to Jiangsu that you will be able to visit XuZhou.

Congratulations and Hugs to all!
--Kristin

Anonymous said...

Robyn,
Adam looks like he just melts in your arms---so precious! I am so thrilled for you and your family---these tears just keep flowing!

Another Florida XZ family---plus Gator fans? That is unbelievable! And so wonderful for you---just makes the experience even better.

Oh-enjoy it and keep the pictures coming!!!!!

Lots of hugs,
Erin
'Impatiently' Waiting for Maia Cai

Sue~Z said...

Oh happy tears, happy tears!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
I love the pic of Lyvie and Adam sleeping in bed together.
He is so cute! Enjoy that little boy.

Sue~Z

Anonymous said...

Robyn,
I had to come back and look again---then had to comment on how cute your girls looked hugging in the back of the bus---you can just feel their excitement!

You need to zoom in and crop that one---what a picture!
Enjoy every moment,
Erin

Anonymous said...

Robyn, I have been thinking about you and your family so much these past few days. I am so happy that Adam is safely in your arms. And I love seeing Ms Tang. She is such a great lady! Thank you so much for bringing our DVD safely home. We can't wait to watch it. We'll be with you virtually during the rest of journey! Pamela, John and Lily

Duchess of Lanier said...

Happy Day Two!
I hope Adam had a happy day with lots more cuddles and smiles.
Hugs,
Trena

sue williams said...

Hi Robyn and Family!

We have been out of state visitiing relatives in Florida, but I thought of you on gotcha day, and had to smile thinking of Adam joining his family and starting his new life. Your blog was the first thing I checked when we got home, and what a pleasure to share those moments. He just looks so content and loved! So happy for you all, keep us in the know! Love all your photos, my favorite (so far), is with sister sleeping like perfect angels! My guess is he is just conserving his energy to give you mile a minute thrills in the next few days!
sue arlie and jia

Drawdy said...

It is so wonderful to see your family joined together. We having been praying for you every step of the way. I can't wait to run across the street from Mom and Dad's to see your little one.
Congratulations
Rhonda

Anonymous said...

Robyn, Oh my goodness. You have a beautiful family!! Your little monkey is absolutely adorable!!! Adam is just the sweetest, cutest little boy!!! We are so happy for you. Each time we see Ms. Tang and the very room where our own family started, we just burst with happiness. It just brings us back to that very special moment. We are thrilled to be included to follow along and watch your family grow. Sending you hugs and wishing you safe travels! Jan, John & Jillian Rose.