CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

September 9th: QingPing Market and CA appt. PHOTOS

I have heard so many things from other families about this marketplace. I couldn't wait to experience it for myself. All I can say is... well... uhm... nothing can really describe it! By the way, the individuals selling these items don't really care to have their photos taken. Several of our families were actually ushered out. Thank heavens we were able to get a few photos without upsetting anyone.

The tour began innocently enough through some stalls of herbs and fungus. It had a very distinct odor to it...one that I can't quite put my finger (or my nose) on. There were probably thousands of dried seahorses, snakes, starfish, and countless other creatures during the first several hundred feet. When we turned the corner, however, the marketplace came to life...literally!

QingPing Marketplace

Stan Jr. sizing up the starfish

So was this young man...

My animal loving children wanted to bring home everything with four legs...not the scorpions (they have eight, as Lyvie reminded me.) They felt so sorry for them. It was SO hot that the people were giving baths to the cats. At least that's what we THINK they were doing! Even Kelly got a little concerned for one of the kittens that appeared to be suffering from heat exhaustion. It didn't flinch until a bicyclist nearly pedaled over him.

I'm going to share these photos with my cat when I get home.
Maybe he'll be more appreciative!

A quick jaunt through this section (and no eye contact with the men selling tiger claws and oryx horns) took us into another area of outdoor shopping. A few of "us gals" decided to join Kelly at a local dim sum restaurant. I hadn't felt so out of place for a few days. The patrons of this restaurant definitely made up for it! The food was, again, delicious. We were a little concerned when three completely intact chickens (deep fried) showed up at our table. It was definitely a mistake, but gave me an appreciation for boneless and skinless chicken tenderloins!
Oh, no... we don't stand out at all!



We came back "home" to our hotel and prepared for our famed Red Couch photos. I've been waiting YEARS to sit on this very couch and can't believe we are actually here! It's amazing the little things that really stir up the emotions. Most people would just say...it's a couch. But, to me...it's THE couch!

Our little group of families from coast to coast

This was about as good as it was going to get with out little ones.

Our little Jiangsu boys... Adam, Brandin, and Eli

Our little family...with Kelly, the guide who made it all go so smoothly!


Is there any doubt that these two love each other???


Adam's first dip in the pool with Daddy...

Keeping his fingers crossed that the Consulate Appointment goes off without a hitch.


Well...I think I'm caught up for the time being. We are headed to the American Consulate to take our oath! Will post one more time before we fly out in the morning!!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the family photo...even though I am not in it and my Lyv looks mad. I can't wait til you guys are here!!!

Duchess of Lanier said...

Congratulations on the Red Couch Official Photo! (made me cry happy tears for you!)
Now ya'll fly safe, and we'll hope jet lag comes softly.
Hugs,
Trena